Thursday, March 18, 2010

gratitude

I have never in my life had such a sense of gratitude as I do now. I am so thankful that God has blessed us with a healthy boy. Over the past week, I have heard about 3 different sad stories. As my grandmother says, "bad things happen in three's."

Story #1- I had Ikie at the doctor...for nothing serious. All of a sudden, we hear a baby crying. Isaac was immediately scared and started to hug me very tightly. There is all this commotion and nurses running around. The ambulance comes, and a baby is carried out in a stretcher. The kid that was crying was the sibling of the baby that was carried out in a stretcher. Here the sibling witnessed the baby having a seizure. The parents walked out and they looked just so sad. I started to cry right there. I felt awful for these parents.

Story #2 -My friend just told me about her friend that lost a baby. She was well into her second trimester. She ended up delivering the baby at home and then needing to rush to the hospital. This mother felt terrible. I could not ever imagine losing a child like that. I did have a miscarriage however that was early on in my pregnancy. I did not deliver a formed baby. This mom had to experience far worse.

Story #3- Another friend's neighbor just found out that her baby is going to have heart surgery as soon as she delivers the baby. She is now delivering the baby in Minneapolis so the baby can be rushed into surgery. I feel awful that she will have to watch her baby undergo such a tramatic experience. She will not be able to take her baby home and bond after delivery.

Please do not misunderstand what I am writing. I am in NO way saying that I know what any of these families are going through. I am simply saying that I could not imagine going through these tough times, I feel so sad for these families that have to experience such heartache. I look at Isaac, and think of how lucky I am. I look at him and think of how much I love him. So, in closing...please pray for these families. As my mother says..."God works all things for good."

1 comment:

Shannonheick said...

very true Amanda. i am praying for all of them!