Thursday, February 18, 2010

16 months

So What is new with Ikie? That is a good question, because it seems like there is something new each day. He is developing and changing so much. It does make me sad though...he is no longer my baby. He is a toddler already. Gosh, this parent stuff is so tough. Devin remarked how Isaac won't want to cuddle us in a few years....so we better soak it up now. Isaac is already becoming an independent and determined little man.

Devin thinks that Ikie gets his self-determination from me. What can I say....I am a social worker. Devin will try and show him how to do things like dance or play with his toys. Isaac will not have it and gets mad at Devin for trying to show him things. Devin always tells me that I won't allow him to show me things either....like golfing. HA! Drives Devin nuts!

He loves run, yell, and really smash things. He will see his magnets on the fridge and will pretty much karate chop them off! He loves to yell "no, no" especially at Weezie. He will act really mad at her and yell at her one minute. The next minute, he will run up and want her to lick his face. Gross...but he likes it...seriously. I think that Weezie should win an award because she pretty much just allows Isaac to do whatever he wants to her.

Isaac loves the outdoors. He wants to play outside all the time. He does not mind if he falls in the snow or even if he gets cold. I have to fight him after daycare to get him in the house. That leads me to another personality trait of his...getting hurt. My daycare lady tells me that when he gets hurt, he just gets up and acts like it doesn't bother him. She said that sometimes, she will see if he is going to cry because it will look like he really hurt himself and he doesn't. That really cracks me up! I think he knows when to turn it on and off. He can cry pretty easily at home...especially if he does not get his way. He really gets mad when I take him in my 4-runner. I don't have a DVD player in that vehicle so his behavior is much better in the suburban. If he is in my 4-runner, he puts his hands up to where he thinks the DVD player should be located in the 4-runner and cries "baby, baby, baby." Can you say spoiled? I mean for mom and dad...not Ikie....he doesn't know better!

The other day, I went to pick him up from daycare and he was dancing with all the kids. He was really enjoying himself. All the other kids were telling me "look at baby Isaac!" "Baby Issac's mom, do you see baby Issac?" It was so cute...he was basically two-stepping and waving his hands. Then I asked if he was ready to go home and he looked at me and said "no, no!" Then he ran to the bathroom and tried to shut the door so I could not get him. I call him "Ikie" a lot and the daycare kids ask me "why I call him that when his name is Isaac?"

Devin is doing well in terms of work and graduate school. My job is going fine. Like we always say....another day, another dollar. Love to all.

No comments: