Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sad Momma

I was informed today that Isaac will no longer be "Baby Isaac" at daycare. Gasp! Another little one is joining his daycare and it is a baby. What in the world! I knew this day would come but I did not know how "not ready" for it I would be. I want Isaac to be the baby. I don't want him to get big yet, I am not ready. It still feels like I just had him. In fact, I often tell people that I just had a baby. It also makes me feel better about my baby weight.

Isaac also had his first incident of vomit. Yucky. It was at Chad and Cherie's house. We walked in their kitchen to say hello to Kade. Kade said "Hi Isaac" and then all of a sudden...vomit everywhere. It was really all over me and all over Chad/Cherie's kitchen. Why is it that mom always gets hit? Chad ran up to say hello to us and thought I "spilled a soup or something." Then he smelled the glorious smell of puke! I am thankful that it was in the kitchen and not on their carpet. A few years ago, Chad/Cherie may have not appreciated such a mess. Now, that they are parents...it really didn't faze them that much. It was sad though because it scared Ikie too. He did not know what was going on. He is a trooper and seems pretty much over it now. I can handle puke, I can't handle respiratory problems. We spent the first year of his life battling pneumonia, and RSV. He has required nebulizer treatments several times. I pray we don't have to go through that too much longer. That stuff scares me too bad.

1 comment:

Shannonheick said...

You had me laughing my butt off when you said that you sometimes still tell people that you just had a baby! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! It's why I keep reading your blog!Haaaa.